Talk

Advanced search

Potties - is a cheap one ok?

(16 Posts)
graysor Tue 15-Aug-17 11:20:15

This seems like an exceptionally daft question - but here we go!

Is it worth spending a bit more on a potty? Or is a (bog!) standard cheapo one just as good?

Some seem much more expensive, but I'm not sure why?

Any potty recommendations?

OP’s posts: |
raspberrysuicide Tue 15-Aug-17 11:26:02

Of course it's ok

Spuddington Tue 15-Aug-17 11:27:24

Home Bargains do a range with Paw Patrol etc on, dirt cheap. They have a sturdier base than the smaller ones.

inappropriateraspberry Tue 15-Aug-17 11:32:07

I got one in Morrisons for £1. She sits on it and seems to do the job.

TheDuckSaysMoo Tue 15-Aug-17 11:38:41

Cheap us definitely the best way to go. I ended up forking out for one like this eventually as my kids found it comfy and were more likely to sit down on it. www.mothercare.com/potties/potty-chair/LKA540.html?dwvar_LKA540_color=Grey&cgid=babycare_potties#start=3

MrsPussinBoots Tue 15-Aug-17 11:50:13

The pourty is fantastic from an adult point of view - easy to empty into the toilet without spilling a drop. However DD hated it because it was so low. She preferred one that was higher because she's got long legs. Image hopefully attached. I got it at a car boot sale.

We also had a supermarket own brand one and one of those flat pack travel ones too which was never used (3 storey house with only 1 bathroom so wanted potties everywhere).

Mol1628 Thu 17-Aug-17 14:18:34

I love the wilkos pottys because they're quite low so easy for on the pram and in the car. Also have a cheap ikea one. I prefer cheaper ones.

PolarBearGoingSomewhere Thu 17-Aug-17 14:21:20

I prefer to have 2 or 3 cheap ones strategically placed and encourage moving on to the proper toilet asap.

PatMustardsBigTool Thu 17-Aug-17 15:43:34

I had a couple of £1 potties from Poundland which did the job fine, but I would also recommend this one from IKEA http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/childrens-ikea-products/baby/changing-tables-nursing/lockig-childrens-potty-white-green-art-60193128/ as it has a removable part that makes it easier to empty.

Kraggle Thu 17-Aug-17 15:44:57

Ikea ones are cheap and great as they have an insert so much easier to empty.

Kraggle Thu 17-Aug-17 15:45:32

Clostridium Pat that's the ones we had.

Kraggle Thu 17-Aug-17 15:46:02

Darn it, cross posted, no idea what clostridium is!

RockyTop Fri 18-Aug-17 07:49:47

We just got a few cheap ones and have them strategically positioned. Hasn't been a problem, DS decorated them with stickers.

littleducks Fri 18-Aug-17 07:56:06

It's literally a pot to piss in. Cheap is fine.

Though I had one (dug out from my mum's loft) we actually didn't really use it and went straight to toilet with a inset seat and footstool which is less faff as no emptying and I trained mine all at just turned 2 so they weren't huge bottomed

littletwofeet Fri 18-Aug-17 08:12:24

I didn't use potties with mine, they just went straight onto the toilet. I found it easier when we went out as they were used to the toilet and meant I didn't have to empty/clean them!

Afreshstartplease Fri 18-Aug-17 08:13:28

I have bought one £1 potty. It has so far lasted three DC

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »