Talk

Advanced search

No accidents until clothes!

(7 Posts)
Mol1628 Fri 11-Aug-17 11:35:41

Son is 29 months. We started training on Monday. Basically bare bum. Since starting he's had not a single accident. Completely of his own accord using the potty, not having to be reminded at all. Just totally got it straight away. So today is Friday. After no accidents all week we introduced pants. And now it's like he's not even trained. Constant wetting in pants, refusal to use the potty. Really strange. Not sure whether to carry on or just give up but he was absolutely 100% before we did clothes.
Any idea how to help him? Or do we have to just carry on till he gets used to it.

OP’s posts: |
Mol1628 Fri 11-Aug-17 11:36:04

I tried loose pj bottoms and no pants also and that has the same effect.

teaandbiscuitsforme Fri 11-Aug-17 11:49:43

I'd keep going with trousers, no pants, doing whatever you were doing in the early days.

Mol1628 Fri 11-Aug-17 11:50:32

Thanks. Funny thing is we did nothing. He just got it straight away! No reminding or rewards. Now this. I hate potty training. I forgot how awful it can be

Mol1628 Sat 12-Aug-17 16:42:39

Does anyone else have any ideas? He was doing well today. Couple of accidents but several times he's said I need a wee and ran to the potty himself, doing his pants. This afternoon after his nap he's just given up and he's constantly going in his pants. I just don't get it.

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sat 12-Aug-17 16:46:11

Have you tried taking him regularly? We literally set an alarm for every half an hour and sat DD on the potty.

You can also buy training pants. They aren't pull ups and they let the wee sit for a second before absorbing it so that they know they have been.

It took ages to train DD. Some children just take longer.

Mol1628 Sat 12-Aug-17 17:22:08

He absolutely won't wee unless he needs to and he gets frustrated when we try him and he doesn't need it. He can hold it for up to 90 minutes so he doesn't need regular trips.

Havent used training pants but maybe they will be a good idea for when we want to go out and about.

It's just the fact he's perfectly capable when he's naked that's frustrating me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »