Talk

Advanced search

Won't use toilet, nursery?!

(5 Posts)
10greenapples Sun 06-Aug-17 19:16:36

My son who was 3 in March will not poo on the toilet!! Wees are no problem but he won't poo at all and instead does it in his pants. He eas meant to start nursery in september. I'm taking it he won't be able to go now because of this? Just to add he would use a potty to poo but I got rid of it recently as tbh I was getting quite sick of cleaning it 2-3 times a day but now he point blank will not use the toilet, tells me he is scared.

OP’s posts: |
Identity1 Sat 26-Aug-17 23:11:25

Hi, if he will use a potty for a poo then I think he will be fine at nursery using it. My DS was 3 in March too, and we've just potty trained him in last few months. We're just making the progression from potty to toilet, but his nursery have been fab with him. Can you contact them to discuss?

Lucyann101227 Fri 01-Sep-17 20:46:43

My son is 3 and a half years old, and is refusing to use the potty and the toilet, i have tried puting him on every 15 mins nothimg, ive tried just puting him in hes pants and see if he will go in hes own time or tell me when he needs to go, but he just ends up pooing and weeing him self. Ive tried taking hes pull ups and pants off to see if he will then just sit on the potty or toilet when he needs to go, but every time i do he kicks off to the point he is screamimg hiting and squeezing my wrists. Im geting worried as he starts nursery soon, help!

Identity1 Fri 01-Sep-17 21:32:28

Lucyann it does sound as though he is not quite ready yet even though he is 3.5, this is exactly the same behaviour as my son. He is 3.5 and I've only just potty trained him in the last few weeks and the poos took much longer and to be honest still a bit hit and miss. My son has been at nursery since age 1, and they've never had a problem with, and in fact been very supportive and helpful with his potty/ toilet training. Perhaps you can speak to them before he starts.

xrayyankeezulu Fri 01-Sep-17 21:46:00

I went through this with DD at similar age (a little bit older than your boy tbh). I worried about nursery but tbh she only really had 1 or 2 accidents, she seemed to prefer to wait until she got home to go (admittedly in her pants). It all came together with time & she'll happily go at school if she needs to, same can't be said about DH who still needs to come home to poo at 30 confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »