Talk

Advanced search

Would you just go with it?

(5 Posts)
Chosenbyyou Sat 01-Jul-17 18:30:54

Hi

So today when we were out our 2yr 8 month old told me they needed a poo so we went to the very near loo and she did a poo in there!

Since we have been home she asked for big girl pants and has been wearing them in the garden and has been doing wee's and another poo in her potty.

Obviously I wasn't planning to start today and feel a bit unprepared - I do have pants and pull ups but I have a fairly new baby and lots of plans for being out and about over the next few days.

Question is would you just go for it or start again next week when properly ready? I'm just a bit scared!!

Thank you xx

OP’s posts: |
TweeBee Sat 01-Jul-17 18:41:19

I definitely would! Just take potty and plenty of changes with you. If you have a car leave a stack of knickers and trousers in there and just bring one set in with you.
Praise her loads when she gets it but don't be cross when she doesn't. It can be really frustrating when they have accidents - possibly more likely if she's occupied when out and about - but try v v hard not to seem frustrated.
I would prompt occasionally to ask if she needs loo or potty and ask before feeding baby etc just in case.
Good luck!

DramaAlpaca Sat 01-Jul-17 18:42:59

Yes, just run with it. She's obviously interested and it's a good age to do it. Good luck, hopefully it'll only take a few days.

Justhadmyhaircut Sat 01-Jul-17 18:46:30

At the end of the day its when they are ready not us!!
Ds has just gone out for tea in 'munder pants' for the first time!!
His choice - maybe should have reminded the driver of the car he is in!!

Chosenbyyou Sun 02-Jul-17 14:52:02

Thank you for the responses! Given me confidence!!

We had two accidents and a partial accident finished on potty - this was all whilst out.

We will keep going! X

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »