4 year old, just can't get it!

(5 Posts)
Bananamama1213 Wed 28-Jun-17 15:11:01

My firstborn is 5 now (boy).
He was dry by 2 3/4, definitely by 3.

My daughter is going to be 4 on Sunday.
She just can't get it.
We've been trying for a year now.
She's fine with using the toilet for a poo.

In the last 90 minutes, she's had 5 accidents.

We've tried reward charts, pull ups, lots of praise.

She gets embarrassed when we see she's had an accident. She tries to hide it.

She won't tell us if she's had an accident.. also won't tell the preschool.

My main issue is she starts full time school in September!! We're at our wits end 😔

She has been to the doctor and is being referred to a clinic called the Newberry Clinic.

OP’s posts: |
Justanothersingledoutnumber Wed 28-Jun-17 15:22:21

Continence clinic will get you to do this, so it might help to get a head start.

Starting tomorrow give her a drink, Write down the time then write down when she pees (Best to put her in a pullup for this).

And then again
And so on.

Do this all day and work out how long after drinking she pees, you can then start prompted timed toilet visits using these times.

Nan0second Wed 28-Jun-17 21:49:14

Get rid of pull ups! Go to a naked bottom. Good luck x

MotherOnFire123 Sun 09-Jul-17 20:56:56

My daughter is 4. She took a very long time to get the hang of it. She finally got there the day after her 4th birthday. Don't give up. Try timing between drink and pee. Let her go around the house naked, if she is not too embarrassed. Good luck!smile

MamaG1980 Sun 09-Jul-17 22:59:09

My son is 4 and we have struggled for 14 months, turns out he wasn't drinking enough and possibly constipated. He has 200ml drinks 5 times a day and goes to toilet every hour, which we will increase by 10 mins for every 7 consecutive days he's dry (as per advice). Started on Tuesday first dry day was Thursday, were on day 4 now of being dry after multiple accidents a day

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »