Talk

Advanced search

Advice please! - night time nappy?

(3 Posts)
mnpeasantry Tue 16-May-17 07:19:58

Can you please give me some advice. DD is 3.1. She is out of nappies in the day and can be relied on to do wees in the right place but is still pooing pants quite regularly which we are starting to get the hang of.

However, she doesn't like wearing a nappy at night so often doesn't and is dry.

Last night she had an accident (wee) which my husband discovered as he sorts her in the morning so she needed a shower. She has a plastic sheet under her normal sheet so not so hard to clean up. It hasn't made him late today but he called me quite put out (I had already left the house for the day) and has asked demanded we put her in a nappy tonight (but just for tonight as he is worried it will make him late tomorrow for something important).

If she doesn't want to wear a nappy at night she cries and gets very upset and as the long term goal is to not wear nappies I feel like we shouldn't force her to and I have heard that once out of nappies not to put them back in. This is one accident and I think he is over reacting and if he gets DD up early enough it shouldn't impact. We are all early risers.

What is your advice? Should we put her in the nappy or not?

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 16-May-17 07:21:59

What about a pair of absorbent training pants? They are like knickers but a bit padded and have a waterproof layer. Aldi Boots and Asda sell ones by Miosolo

mnpeasantry Tue 16-May-17 07:38:05

That's a great idea. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now