Talk

Advanced search

refusal to go on big loo

(3 Posts)
Dopolis Tue 09-May-17 21:35:00

my son is almost 3 years old. He started potty training 2 months ago which has gone really well. He independently goes to the potty and pulls his pants down and pulls them back up again and washes his hands. However he refuses to go on the big loo even though weve bought him a loo seat with handles. How can I get him to use the big loo? Ive even tried bribing him with smarties.

OP’s posts: |
Summer23 Tue 09-May-17 21:39:14

Mine did exactly the same at this age. I also tried encouraging him and bribery to no avail! I stopped asking him and it didn't take long for him to want to use the toilet. Think he was a bit scared of falling down it to begin with.

Wallywobbles Tue 09-May-17 22:16:46

How cool is your loo? This is the time to make it as funky as possible. Keep the original seat though so you can change it back. Our child minder had the coolest loo. The kids were queuing up to get out of nappies! DD asked at 18 months. Done and dusted in 2 days.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »