Talk

Advanced search

3 year old going backwards with toliet training

(4 Posts)
DarloTerrier Tue 04-Apr-17 19:08:21

Hi all. My (nearly) 4 year old daughter seems to be going backwards with her toilet training… She doesn’t wear pull ups apart from bed time,during the day she wears knickers. She wees on the toilet perfectly fine, but refuses to poo on the toilet. She used to poo on her potty, but now refuses to even do that, she’ll only poo in her pull ups. We were in town today and she desperately needed a poo, we took her into the public toilets but she went hysterical. Literally screaming and crying. Had to put a pull up on her and she pooed in that. Its really frustrating and hard work, she goes to reception class this September and am nervous that she won’t be fully toilet trained. Any tips on getting her to poo on the toilet? I’ve tried a toy reward, tried being cross at her, tried letting her have a soft toy on the toilet. Nothing works. Just got some laxative from the docs, she really needs to poo now but just wont go. Its weird as she wees no problem on the toilet, she just won’t poo. Any help?!

JennyjENjENJenny Tue 04-Apr-17 19:10:15

It's really common to have a nappy to poo, even into school age. it really won't last forever XX.

There has been loads of thread about this in the past.

bitteroldhag Tue 04-Apr-17 19:14:30

sad it's just something you have to just wait out in my experience. If it helps you aren't alone loads of kids stool withhold.

Twinkie84 Sat 08-Apr-17 12:50:51

I'm completely in the same boat! My ds just doesn't seem to care that he poos in his pants! He starts school in September and I don't see him being fully trained for when he starts! I'm so stressed and worried about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now