Talk

Advanced search

My toddler just screams!!!

(5 Posts)
BlankSpace1 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:26:30

Help meeee!!! My daughter is almost 2 and a half, and she will NOT use a potty. I have tried putting her on when I change her, and I have tried leaving her nappy off and running her to the potty to make a connection, she has watched her potty trained auntie (also 2) use a potty, but it doesn't help.
Now it's worse though, whenever you put her on a potty (or even take her clothes off) she just screams and cries 🤦🏽‍♀️ if I leave her with nothing on her bottom she pee's often cus she drinks a lot, but it just goes all over the carpet or sofa cus she just won't sit there. I have given her tons of praise when she managed to get a drip in there one time, but nothing works 😩 advice please?

thethoughtfox Mon 27-Mar-17 20:57:23

Put a nappy back on. Give it some time and start again. It's likely she will start talking about using the potty herself. It's not worth making it a source of stress for her.

RhiBee29 Mon 27-Mar-17 21:01:22

No advice just wanted to let you know I'm in the same boat. DS is 28months, tells me he can't sit on the potty, screams if I try the training seat and has a meltdown when I give him nappy free time begging for his clothes back. Trying not to stress! He tells me after he's done a poo but doesn't seem to realise when he's done a wee although he will wee on demand stood up in the bath?! Argh!!!

BlankSpace1 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:20:34

That's what I've done at the moment is just given up and will try again in a couple of months, she doesn't talk that much so it's hard for her to tell me what she wants but she does pull at her nappy when she wants t changing.
I don't want to stress her out, I just don't want her to get behind either!

And bless you ha, I think mine wee's in the bath sometimes cus she squats, but she doesn't make it very clear 😅

Blossomdeary Mon 27-Mar-17 22:29:10

Don't look at it as "giving up" - you are making a sound decision based on your child's needs. Hold your head up high and have faith in your instincts. You are doing the right thing - that is not "giving up."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now