Talk

Advanced search

My toddler just screams!!!

(5 Posts)
BlankSpace1 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:26:30

Help meeee!!! My daughter is almost 2 and a half, and she will NOT use a potty. I have tried putting her on when I change her, and I have tried leaving her nappy off and running her to the potty to make a connection, she has watched her potty trained auntie (also 2) use a potty, but it doesn't help.
Now it's worse though, whenever you put her on a potty (or even take her clothes off) she just screams and cries 🤦🏽‍♀️ if I leave her with nothing on her bottom she pee's often cus she drinks a lot, but it just goes all over the carpet or sofa cus she just won't sit there. I have given her tons of praise when she managed to get a drip in there one time, but nothing works 😩 advice please?

OP’s posts: |
thethoughtfox Mon 27-Mar-17 20:57:23

Put a nappy back on. Give it some time and start again. It's likely she will start talking about using the potty herself. It's not worth making it a source of stress for her.

RhiBee29 Mon 27-Mar-17 21:01:22

No advice just wanted to let you know I'm in the same boat. DS is 28months, tells me he can't sit on the potty, screams if I try the training seat and has a meltdown when I give him nappy free time begging for his clothes back. Trying not to stress! He tells me after he's done a poo but doesn't seem to realise when he's done a wee although he will wee on demand stood up in the bath?! Argh!!!

BlankSpace1 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:20:34

That's what I've done at the moment is just given up and will try again in a couple of months, she doesn't talk that much so it's hard for her to tell me what she wants but she does pull at her nappy when she wants t changing.
I don't want to stress her out, I just don't want her to get behind either!

And bless you ha, I think mine wee's in the bath sometimes cus she squats, but she doesn't make it very clear 😅

OP’s posts: |
Blossomdeary Mon 27-Mar-17 22:29:10

Don't look at it as "giving up" - you are making a sound decision based on your child's needs. Hold your head up high and have faith in your instincts. You are doing the right thing - that is not "giving up."

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in