Talk

Advanced search

DD had her first dry night, but still no poos.

(6 Posts)
Readytomakechanges Fri 24-Mar-17 08:46:13

We started potty training with DD (28.5 months) on Monday.
On the Monday I used nappies for sleeps and this resulted in DD holding her poo and doing it in the nappy.
On Tuesday we got rid of all the nappies, including nap and night nappies and DD had her first completely dry night last night.
She's been doing great with wees if we prompt her to go and by herself if bare bottomed, but will wee in her trousers if we don't remind her to go every couple of hours.
DD pooed in her naptime pull up on Monday and then in her trousers (we're not using knickers yet) at 4pm Wednesday.
Any ideas to get her pooing on the potty?

Readytomakechanges Fri 24-Mar-17 13:01:03

There was a poo!

The problem was that it was on the floor shock

At least she's not constipated...

JustAnotherSilentOldNumber Fri 24-Mar-17 13:57:03

First get her to ask for a nappy to poo, when she is okay with that get her to stand near the potty...

let her have a nappy on, but get her to sit on the potty to poo.

When she is used to that cut a hole in the nappy, and slowly over sevceral weeks make the hole bigger until you just have the waist band.

Then you'll be nappy free.

It will take a while so take it very slowly.

teaandbiscuitsforme Fri 24-Mar-17 14:11:42

Good news that you've had the poo! grin

No real advice other than keep going and keep looking for whatever sign it is that she's about to do one. Fingers crossed for one in the potty tomorrow!

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Fri 24-Mar-17 14:15:09

My ds 2.6 loves looking through pics in my iPhone - took a pic of his first poo in the potty this week and he is so proud he did one again the next day!! And the next!!
Apologies in the post to several family members he insisted I sent the pic to!!
He cried and said he was scared when he was doing it but I reassured him that's where they need to be now he is getting bigger!!
He flushed the loo also and was shouting Hooray to it as it went!!

Readytomakechanges Tue 28-Mar-17 13:23:25

DD finally did a poo in the potty today!

Once she'd done it once, she took herself to the potty later to do it again.

I'm so proud grin

Thank you for all of your comments.

She seems to be 'getting it' as has finally started asking to use the potty when needed. I know not to count my chickens though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now