Talk

Advanced search

Help stick with knickers or go back to pull ups

(4 Posts)
Moobearj Wed 22-Mar-17 07:48:50

My 2.5 started showing signs of wanting to use the toilet just after she was 2 in Oct in Nov we started potty training it was all going OK for the first few weeks since then she has accidents up to 5 times a day, I've tried all the normal reward systems with no joy, it's got to the point were she doesn't even tell me anymore she wants the potty, and sometimes thinks it's funny when she wees on the floor, I feel like I'm losing the battle with her, so was thinking of putting her in pull ups for a few weeks or until she starts to tell me she wants to use the potty? Any ideas has anyone else gone through this them self's as I'm just at a loss on want to do for the best xxx

teaandbiscuitsforme Wed 22-Mar-17 08:44:31

I have absolutely no experience in this but I read the Oh Crap potty training book before training DD and there's a section in that about behaviour and what to do if it's going wrong. I haven't read any other potty training books so no idea of it's the best but thought I'd mention it in case it helps!

thethoughtfox Wed 22-Mar-17 11:03:02

Try asking her. I was about the put mine back in nappies cause she kept pooping on the floor but I asked her what she wanted and she said she wanted to keep wearing big girl pants and really did try hard to change her ways. It depends if it is accidents, though and she can't help it. If so then she might not be ready for potty training yet. Mine was deliberately choosing to poop on the carpet!

Moobearj Wed 22-Mar-17 14:34:43

Thanks for the advice funny you should say that I asked her this morning after writing this post, and she picked a pull up and up to now hasn't had an accident, she hasn't told me she wants the potty but when I've asked her if she needed it and has said no I've left her (normaly I'll just say come on toilet or potty time) if she said yes I've told her she is a big girl now and she can take herself without my help which she has been very happy to do, so here's hoping giving her some more independence in doing it, instead of me helping her will work xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now