Talk

Advanced search

Not sure how to continue potty training

(1 Post)
LaVacheKiri Fri 03-Mar-17 08:55:29

Hi!

My DS is just over 2.5 yrs old and we started potty training middle of January. This was decided with nursery as he seemed to be taking an interest in the toilet. So we stopped using nappies during the day other than a pull up during his nap.

It's been difficult to say the least but over the last month when he has been at home, he has been telling me when he needed the toilet and last weekend he even went to the potty on his own for a poo. Of course there have been a few accidents but I thought we were doing well and nursery had not raised any concerns.

This morning, he had an accident on the way to nursery; no big deal, we were 5 mins away from nursery. I told the nursery staff when I dropped him off and they then decided to tell me that DS has been very reluctant to go to the toilet, saying he didn't like the toilet and had been wetting and pooing himself so they wanted him to start wearing nappies again.
First, I am annoyed that this wasn't raised with me or his Dad earlier than today.
Second, where do I go from here? I don't really want to put nappies back on as I feel it would be a step back considering how well he's been doing at home. Can I continue at home but put him in nappies at nurseries?
Thanks for reading and would appreciate any bit of advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now