Talk

Advanced search

Potty training 3.5 year old help

(4 Posts)
Frozentinkerbelle1 Wed 22-Feb-17 07:17:43

I posted in December when I tried potty training just after xmas and gave in after 2 days.

It's half term now and on day 3. We have had some successes and some accidents so better than before when it was all accidents.

He tends to do it in potty when I've put him in there rather than saying he needs a wee or poo.

How do we get it turned around so he is telling me? Is it just time or does it sound as though he's not ready?

Thanks

Youhaveupdates1 Fri 24-Feb-17 08:46:48

I'm posting to follow this post, I just wrote something similar on another post that I mainly put ds on potty rather than him asking so I hope someone comes along with some tips smile

Frozentinkerbelle1 Fri 24-Feb-17 09:43:45

Well it's been one hell of a week. Yesterday I nearly put him back in pull ups. I was crying as I wiped up his mess again. In the afternoon though he did everything on his potty after I'd put him on.

This morning I put him on potty and thought here we go again. 10 minutes after his first wee - he asked where I'd potty was and sat down and did a wee. So far this morning we've had 4 wees and poo. No accident yet - touch wood. Hope it continues.

Let me know how you get on.

Youhaveupdates1 Fri 24-Feb-17 09:55:00

Great news I hope it continues for you, it's very stressful isn't it!! We have him in pants so I'm not cleaning too much up of the floor thankfully!
Just after I posted he said mummy and started walking hurriedly toward me so I pulled his pants down and he pood in the potty grin so we are getting there, maybe? It got his pants a little bit but at least it wasn't the whole poo!!
I feel like it's too late to turn back now so want to power through and fingers crossed it gets easier!
Are you staying in whilst training?
We have done a few trips out and they have been quite successful considering, we have found that the wee sprays out of the potty which makes his clothes wet so need to try and make sure he sits on it correctly!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: