Talk

Advanced search

am i confusing my DS?

(5 Posts)
user1468594353 Wed 15-Feb-17 13:34:12

So we started potty training last weekend. Lots of accidents which was to be expected. I think he might be getting the hang of it now - DS told us he wants to do a wee wee and held it in till we got to the potty. Some progress!
DS goes to nursery 5 days a week and they take him toilet every 10mins. We just left him in pants all weekend and he knew he was wetting himself just couldn't hold it in but like I said - we made a little bit of progress late Sunday night.
Do you think I should continue to use the potty or buy a seat for the toilet? I feel like he might get confused, toilet at nursery and potty at home. Or am I overthinking this ?

abbsisspartacus Wed 15-Feb-17 13:35:39

Does he use the toilet at nursery? Mine has pottys available and they choose

DorotheaHomeAlone Wed 15-Feb-17 13:40:16

I doubt he'll get confused by using both. Are you setting a timer for him or at least prompting regularly? My dd needed prompting every 2h for about a month. Now she asks to go but still needs prompting if there's a lot of fun stuff going on.

Loulou2kent Wed 15-Feb-17 13:43:46

I don't think it necessarily confuses them. But they might have a preference. I know of little ones who if a potty & toilet next to each other will always pick the potty. Yet if they are somewhere with only a toilet they will happily use that.

My son only used the toilet because I didn't bother getting a potty. I hate emptying them. But I'm sure with prompting your child will go in what's offered to them?

Thirtyrock39 Wed 15-Feb-17 13:50:38

Nursery should not take him every ten mins he will never build up bladder capacity. Every 90 mins shd be the minimum yes he may have odd accident to start with but will be able to hold for longer . Every ten mins is just toilet timing and encourages the bladder to empty frequently in small amounts- the opposite of what you want to achieve!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now