Talk

Advanced search

We're going for it...

(7 Posts)
wingingitmostdays Mon 30-Jan-17 18:50:58

Attempt two at potty training is taking place this coming weekend, DD is 2.5 and seems ready.

I'd love to know your best top / piece of advice.

TIA smile

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:04:54

We found that buying a size bigger pants helped with the inevitable rush for the toilet!
And keep his shoes off if at all possible ( ie. Indoors, obviously wear shoes if you're out!)and buy some cheap slippers for nursery or childminder, as wee in expensive shoes is hard to get out!!

I have no other advice. Ds was awful at potty training, took us months.

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:05:29

Sorry, she not he !

DorotheaHomeAlone Mon 30-Jan-17 19:09:52

In advance: Lots of toilet chat and demonstrations blush in our house. Lots of hype about big girl pants, choosing the pants etc.

On the day: Set a timer. No big deal if no wee in potty or if wee on floor, just 'oh well, next time'. She'll get it.

NannyR Mon 30-Jan-17 19:15:44

Encourage them to drink lots - if they are not normally allowed squash , let them have some as a treat. The more they drink, the more they wee, then there are more opportunities to sit on the potty.

wingingitmostdays Mon 30-Jan-17 20:08:28

Naively I thought we'd be almost mastered it after three days. You can tell she is our first child!!

She has picked Peppa Pig knickers and I got her to help me put them in the washing machine etc. I'll make sure this week I talk more about it all.

Thank you all for the advice, it's greatly appreciated.

DorotheaHomeAlone Tue 31-Jan-17 06:09:04

It's not that naive. We were down to one or two accidents a day after 3 days. Do you have a travel potty? Essential if you want to leave the house for the first few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now