Talk

Advanced search

Getting my toddler out of nappies

(5 Posts)
laurenmarie88 Mon 26-Dec-16 21:35:30

Hey all sorry I'm new to this, just wondering how anyone got their little Ines to use the loo my little man does go for a stand up wee but he won't have a poo? I just need some tips and advice thanks ....

GabbySolis Sat 31-Dec-16 11:23:05

Hi I haven't got any advice but my 2 year old is similar. She will tell us she needs a wee or a poo and is uncomfortable doing it in her nappy but cries going near the potty or toilet. We let her see us on the toilet, have bought potty books, tried stickers for sitting on the potty, she will happily put her dolls on the potty and clap when they 'wee'. Maybe we could share anything that ends up working for either of us?

laurenmarie88 Sat 31-Dec-16 11:46:24

Yeah I'd be more than happy to do that he wees on the toilet but won't poo and he would rather todo it in his nappy :/

GabbySolis Sat 31-Dec-16 12:58:42

You're doing better than I am! smile How old is he? My little girl is just 2. She shows all signs of readiness except for hating the potty!!

bobbinpop Sat 31-Dec-16 13:02:24

Lots of children are the same, it can scare them. Try asking him to sit on the potty in his nappy to have a poo. After a few days, take the nappy off and sit it in the potty. If this is too much, just loosen the nappy initially, the progress to this. This might help to lessen his anxiety and make it easier. Rewards are also good, keep them small thoughsmile choc button or sticker maybe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now