Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS weeing every hour. Help!

(5 Posts)
SpaghettiMeatballs Sun 23-Oct-16 22:00:15

DS is 2.7 and has been weeing on the potty first thing in the morning for weeks. Tried him in pants today and he did really well with only two wee accidents.

The problem was he did 12 wees in the 12 hours he was awake! Is that normal? He didn't have excessive drinks.

When I trained DD she would go every few hours so even if she had an accident you knew you had a few hours grace after that.

I would just put it down to him not being ready but ten of the twelve wees did go in the potty.

I'm not sure where to go next if he's going to wee that frequently. How will I ever leave the house?!

SpaghettiMeatballs Sun 23-Oct-16 22:01:51

I should add he didn't go literally every hour. He would go three times in 20 minutes or so and then have an hour or two without needing the toilet.

Poocatcherchampion Sun 23-Oct-16 22:03:06

Totally normal. They go at the first hint at first. Learning to hold is a new skill, one which some need lots of practice with.

Doje Sun 23-Oct-16 22:12:02

The first couple of days of potty training, DS went really frequently because of the novelty of it all. I remember thinking I had 5 minutes grace once, after he'd done 2 wees in 20 minutes, went to make a (much needed) cuppa but of course he weed on the floor whilst I was out of the room... hmm

Now, he wees about once every 4 hours!!

SpaghettiMeatballs Sun 23-Oct-16 22:30:22

Stick with it then and he should improve then?

He seems happy enough and was quite upset by the second accident as he obviously felt he was 'getting it' by that point.

He even asked to get out he bath to wee tonight so I think Doje could be right with novelty.

DH says he is like a puppy......!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now