daughters scared of the potty any tips??

(3 Posts)
Sarahlouiise27 Mon 26-Sep-16 21:20:27

my LG turns 2 on Sunday..for a few weeks now everytime she has a wee in her nappy she'll take her nappy of and tell me she's done a wee.. I've tried leaving her without a nappy and when she tells me she's going to wee I'll run her to her potty..but she screams..she hates it..she can hold her wee in until I put her a nappy on and then she'll do her business and take it straight of 😒😫 she'll happily sit on her potty with a nappy on and pretend to wee but when it comes to doing her business on the potty she'll refuse.. any tips?? I have an older daughter who was soooo easy at potty training so I guess I'm new to all this!! lol

britmuminoz Tue 27-Sep-16 01:03:54

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread too! My little one turns 3 this weekend - screams if we even mention the potty or putting on knickers.

We emigrated to Australia 3 months ago which was one of the largest contributing factors in not training her earlier, big move etc, but now I wish we'd just done it and dealt with puddles on the plane.

Good luck OP- I hope Mumsnet comes through for you, and I can get some help from this thread too!!

AmeliaJack Tue 27-Sep-16 01:09:06

She's not even two yet. If she screams she's not ready. Don't make it a battleground. What's the rush?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now