Potty training disaster but DS insists

(3 Posts)
Booboostwo Sat 13-Aug-16 14:03:08

DS is nearly 2yo and has decided to potty train himself. Last week he took off his diaper, pointed to the potty (he is not very verbal) and started using it. He seems a bit young to me but his choice. Things are not going very well though.

He pees consistently in the potty, gets a lot of praise and encouragement, but when frustrated he pees on the floor/objects/me. For example, I said no to an ice cream and he peed straight away on the freezer while shouting no and stomping his foot. I said I could no longer play cubes and he peed on me. It seems quite deliberate as he hold his penis and aims. He also hasn't had accidents at other times, only when annoyed. I haven't reacted, just said pee pee in potty and cleaned up.

The worse problem is the poo. He holds in all day long, he clutches his bottom and shouts aw aw in pain. He won't go on the potty, he won't go on the toilet, he won't let me put on a diaper, he just wants to be held and then poos on me. Again I try not to make a big deal out of this, but it is grim.

Ideally I would like him to just wear a diaper for a bit longer but he refuses. Help!!!

Booboostwo Mon 22-Aug-16 14:38:17

Anyone? I'm still struggling with this! He will now poo on the floor rather than on me, but that's it! He is also refusing underwear and would like to go round naked which is fine at home but we do need to go out occasionally!

Magstermay Thu 06-Oct-16 02:23:33

Could you sit behind him on the toilet and maybe read a book? Still a bit grim I know!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now