Talk

Advanced search

DD always weeing in pants

(6 Posts)
pettyprudence Fri 05-Aug-16 20:59:00

Potty training with dd (2.5y) started off fantastic. We went knickerless at home and by the end of day 1 she was taking herself off to the toilet to wee with no prompting. Same every day since when not wearing pants. As soon as knickers are on (which she loves - peppa pig) she just wee's where ever she is.
After a month of this I have given up and put her back in nappies unless she is wearing a dress at home and can go knickerless. Any advice on how to help her differentiate between knickers and nappies (have tried loose shorts instead - no joy)?

ODog Mon 15-Aug-16 20:54:53

Following as I'm in the same situation. 2.2yo just started using the potty himself with no 'training' (we have just let him be bare bottomed in garden all summer with potty available) but absolutely does not get that pants don't work the same way as nappies. Just came on here to post about it when I saw this thread.

pettyprudence Tue 16-Aug-16 18:39:50

No advice still but after 8 weeks ish (and 4 weeks after going back to nappies) dd just started asking for the toilet when wearing nappies and now "gets" knickers and mostly keeps them dry. Still working on poo's though....

confusedofengland Thu 18-Aug-16 10:33:45

I am having this same issue with DS3, nearly 2.6. He has been going bare-bottomed around the house for a week & he has had no accidents the last couple of days like that. He even did a poo on the potty of his own accord yesterday (usually happens first thing before we take off night nappy)! So, today I have put him in pants. By 10.30am we had 2 pairs of wet pants & 2 wees in the potty sad. If I am in the room to remind him there is a better chance of success, but not guaranteed. It is not just him at home, so is very difficult to stay in one room all the time, plus I have loads to do!

For going out & about we are still in pull ups as I am in no way confident enough in him wearing pants & we can't just stay at home all the time hmm

ImYourWomanJonSnow Wed 24-Aug-16 10:50:42

Came on here to start a new thread on this but I see there are more in the same situation. At least I don't feel alone/think there's something wrong with my DC.

DS is 2.5, has started toilet training at the beginning of the summer. He immediately got the poo and we only had two accidents. But wees! We do a machine load everyday and the house is starting to have the whiff. It's OK if we just take him to toilet every 40 mins or so but he doesn't ever say when he needs to go (and he will always say no if you ask him; and sometimes proceeds to wee his pants seconds later).

We got rid of the nappy for daytime so just take tons of changes of clothes with us. Any help/ideas/strategies welcome.

confusedofengland Thu 25-Aug-16 09:40:40

It does sound like maybe he's not ready with wees? With my DS, I don't put him on the potty/toilet, he takes himself when he needs to go (& can hold on for a couple of minutes now). I have to say, since I posted, we are having very few wet pants (although a couple of poos yesterday).

If you are keen to keep trying, you could offer a sticker for each wee in the potty/toilet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now