Talk

Advanced search

Using Pull-Ups at night and naptime getting expensive!

(11 Posts)
twirlywoo69 Tue 19-Jul-16 07:32:07

Potty training going ok. Still in early stages though. A friend told me to use Pull Ups for naptime and bedtime. Been doing this but they are so expensive and I don't get how they are different to a nappy? I am happy to carry on using them, but just wondering you all are doing about times your little ones are asleep?

UnikittyInHerBusinessSuit Tue 19-Jul-16 07:40:25

The advantage of Pull Ups is practical when they're up and about in the very early stages of toilet training and perhaps psychological for bedtimes - the theory is that you're trying to get them out of "nappy mindset" and make sure they know that they're in "big boy pants" now. However you know your child best and if you're struggling with your budget and don't feel that it's going to stop them moving on then by all means move them back to nappies, after all they might be in nighttime nappies for years so that's a lot of money to save.

dementedpixie Tue 19-Jul-16 07:40:35

If you don't want to use pull ups then use nappies (you are using pull up nappies rather than those potty training ones?)

Remembermyname Tue 19-Jul-16 07:41:51

Still use nappies at night here. I didn't bother putting anything on at nap time when she still had one and just put a bed mat/puppy training pad underneath her.

TooMinty Tue 19-Jul-16 07:59:17

I use pull-ups at night mainly as a way of making DS1 feel like a big boy compared to DS2 who is still in nappies. But occasionally I run out of pull-ups and just put him in a nappy, it works fine. If money's tight then stick with nappies as long as you can, size 6 is pretty big.

twirlywoo69 Tue 19-Jul-16 11:26:00

Thanks guys. I'm using night time potty training pull ups as didn't know which to buy. Not sure if these are more expensive than normal pull ups?

MatthewWrightResearch Tue 19-Jul-16 11:30:18

I used the Lidl pull-ups when I was potty training, as soon as my DD was into pants without accidents I kept her in pants at night. That's been since May and she hasn't wet the bed so far which is a miracle considering my older 2 wet the bed every night for years.

dementedpixie Tue 19-Jul-16 13:15:40

Just use ordinary pull up nappies if you want to use them at night. Don't buy the more expensive ones

heehaaw Tue 19-Jul-16 13:22:17

I had the same problem until I found aldi pull ups last week, no idea they did them! DD is mainly in pants & wears pull ups for pooing & hardly uses them at night so I'm happy to have found a cheaper option.

MilkyChops Wed 10-Aug-16 08:42:09

Aldi do pull ups. 1.90 for 20 grin

user1474902226 Mon 26-Sep-16 16:11:58

Hi,
I think you are maybe looking for the best brands for your child, that's understandable, but sometimes the discount brands in stores are better.
A really good, but fairly cheap alternative to expensive pull ups are these size 6 pull ups by Tescos: www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=290845207
They are just as good as (if not better than) branded pull ups, and they are very absobent (as much as normal nappies)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now