Potty training nearly 3 yr old-starting nursery

(6 Posts)
YesNoMaybeSo1234 Sat 16-Jul-16 20:53:08

My DD is 3 next month, over the past 3 weeks myself and her dad (we are not together) have been using potty with her when she is at either of our homes. She has times when she does really well and will wee on potty, but I don't think she has control yet.. For example she had 3 wees in the space of 30 mins. My only concern right now is when she starts nursery in September .. Any experiences with anyone's DC starting nursery still training or in pull ups etc?

2nds Sat 16-Jul-16 20:55:37

They can still be in nappies when they start nursery.

Bottomchops Sat 16-Jul-16 20:56:13

Just keep going! You're doing fine. Don't give up or use pull ups. Just pants now and lots of change of clothes when you go out. She'll be done by September.

wobblywonderwoman Sat 16-Jul-16 21:06:04

I have just trained my boy - same age.

Made a huge fuss when wee's and poos came. Dashed him in the car to buy a prize. Little bit of chocolate. Rang relatives to tell them and they praised him down the phone.

I think the pull ups confuse them so I got rid of them.

Cvtaylor Thu 21-Jul-16 08:54:17

Hi. I have just registered with mumsnet although my 'baby' is 27. I look after my 2yr 9mth grandaughter while my daughter works. Whilst I didn't have any trouble with my own children my grandaughter is proving problematic potty training. I am sure she understands but cries and refuses to wear knickers wants a nappy on and will not sit in potty just cries the whole time. Will try to hold her wee until I give in and put a nappy on her. Even when she has an accident she will not sit on the potty to finish it. I just don't know what to do. Anyone out there have any ideas?

ninenicknames Sat 20-Aug-16 07:02:02

Cvtaylor I would say she is not ready yet.

Nappies these days are so good they don't realise how wet they are.

My DS is the same age & I'm holding off as long as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now