Talk

Advanced search

Complete regression in 3 year old - help!

(9 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Thu 14-Jul-16 08:45:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
BentleyBelly Thu 04-Aug-16 11:54:16

How are you getting on now? I fear we are headed the same way....completely dry for 2 months and in the last week 2 or more accidents a day sad Not sure what to do either.

Pants82 Sun 07-Aug-16 10:31:52

Same here. 3 yo, thought we'd nailed it. Weeks without accidents now suddenly last couple of weeks 4 accidents a day at nursery.

maisybobbins Sun 07-Aug-16 10:56:15

My intelligent usually pretty well behaved DS did exactly the same op, at pretty much the same age! I was gobsmacked. He just suddenly went back to pooing in his pants again and thinking it was fine. I too tried everything including throwing his favourite pants away in front on him when he soiled them. He just wasn't bothered and I was at my wits end.... UNTIL... I

A) banned television for 24 hours after any accidents
B) showed him the cool present he would get (we bought it and kept it in the kitchen) for when he'd done a week without an accident.

That was our turning point. Good luck!! Don't get stressed, but lots of cheapo pants and bin the poo ones!

maisybobbins Sun 07-Aug-16 10:58:09

Forgot to mention that when I banned the television I was super calm and matter of fact about it. No big deal, this is what happens now because it's the rules. He was calm too but horrified!

Rainbowunicorn73 Sun 07-Aug-16 11:14:56

When she's in pants are you reminding her to go to the toilet often?

I am having the same issue with my ds and when I looked at some online articles, one thing that jumped out at me is that constantly reminding children of this age to go to the toilet can be counter productive. Around this age they are naturally trying to gain more control over their life anyway and constantly sending them to the loo when they don't need it feels like you are controlling them. It suggested telling the child that you trusted them and weren't going to remind them any more. Then suggesting a reward when they'd managed a dry day/week.

We're trying it with our ds and so far I've been surprised at how good he's been.

Rainbowunicorn73 Sun 07-Aug-16 11:15:33

When she's in pants are you reminding her to go to the toilet often?

I am having the same issue with my ds and when I looked at some online articles, one thing that jumped out at me is that constantly reminding children of this age to go to the toilet can be counter productive. Around this age they are naturally trying to gain more control over their life anyway and constantly sending them to the loo when they don't need it feels like you are controlling them. It suggested telling the child that you trusted them and weren't going to remind them any more. Then suggesting a reward when they'd managed a dry day/week.

We're trying it with our ds and so far I've been surprised at how good he's been.

MiaowTheCat Mon 15-Aug-16 07:59:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
Rainbowunicorn73 Mon 15-Aug-16 21:25:23

Ha ha ha grin
Love that, obviously a clever kid!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »