Talk

Advanced search

Is this an indicator we can toilet train soon?

(6 Posts)
NapQueen Mon 04-Jul-16 09:01:50

DS is 20mo and for the last few days when he has done a poo he grabs and nappy and a packet of wipes out of the box and lays down on his mat.

Dd who is 4.4 never did anything like this and we just used to check her regularly/ keep a nose out for smells. She tt at about 2.9.

We have her old potty in the living room which DS sometimes sits on but only as a chair he doesn't sit with no pants on just wants to climb all over it.

tayradet Mon 04-Jul-16 12:28:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

NapQueen Mon 04-Jul-16 18:02:03

Anyone know why this has been deleted? I read it earlier and there was nothing report worthy in it that I can remember.

Jasonandyawegunorts Tue 05-Jul-16 02:40:15

The person spammed the same advertising message across multipul posts.

soundsystem Tue 05-Jul-16 03:13:12

Can he tell you before he's done a poo, or only after? My daughter is the same age and has being doing the same thing for a few months. Although she knows when she's doing a poo, I'm holding off on training until she can tell me she's about to do one if that makes sense, so there's time for her to get on the potty. She does sometimes tell me she needs a wee, but it's a bit hit and miss at the moment!

isthistoonosy Tue 05-Jul-16 04:02:48

My ds was the same.about the age and we tried a few months later but although he learnt to wee without getting himself wet and poo somewhere quite he didn't understand why the bathroom was the place to use. A yr later 2.10 now and he seems to be getting it all be it quite slowly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now