Talk

Advanced search

Unsure about readiness - do I carry on?

(1 Post)
ilovetosleep Thu 23-Jun-16 08:59:45

DS2 is still quite young but I thought he was ready, and DS1 was dry with no problems at the same age so I thought I'd give it a go. He's 2.2.

Day 1 (just the afternoon really) I put him on the potty every 30 mins, he did small wee each time and only had one accident. Didn't ask to go though.

Day2 I put him on the potty every 1-1.5 hrs, he did a big wee each time and managed to hold it in between wees each time, except for one wee accident while he played. In the morning he started to do a poo in his pants but i saw it and we got him on the potty to finish off and he did. Still didn't actually ask to go though.

This morning is day 3 - he didn't need a wee when I took the nappy off, but an hour later did a wee in his pants. Then a poo half an hour later - which he finished off on the potty again - then just 10 mins later another wee accident - its 9 am an already on 4th pair of pants - should this be telling me to give up for now? I know its early days but DS1 was dry by day 2 so unchartered territory for me. He's also behind with speech and so words don't come to him quick enough to tell me I don't think, or maybe he just doesn't get it - each time he's had an accident he's stood completely still and looked down and watched it!

Timing wise its good for us as DH will be going on a long (3 month) business trip in the autumn so I kind of wanted it all out of the way by then.

What do you reckon?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now