Talk

Advanced search

Unsure about readiness - do I carry on?

(1 Post)
ilovetosleep Thu 23-Jun-16 08:59:45

DS2 is still quite young but I thought he was ready, and DS1 was dry with no problems at the same age so I thought I'd give it a go. He's 2.2.

Day 1 (just the afternoon really) I put him on the potty every 30 mins, he did small wee each time and only had one accident. Didn't ask to go though.

Day2 I put him on the potty every 1-1.5 hrs, he did a big wee each time and managed to hold it in between wees each time, except for one wee accident while he played. In the morning he started to do a poo in his pants but i saw it and we got him on the potty to finish off and he did. Still didn't actually ask to go though.

This morning is day 3 - he didn't need a wee when I took the nappy off, but an hour later did a wee in his pants. Then a poo half an hour later - which he finished off on the potty again - then just 10 mins later another wee accident - its 9 am an already on 4th pair of pants - should this be telling me to give up for now? I know its early days but DS1 was dry by day 2 so unchartered territory for me. He's also behind with speech and so words don't come to him quick enough to tell me I don't think, or maybe he just doesn't get it - each time he's had an accident he's stood completely still and looked down and watched it!

Timing wise its good for us as DH will be going on a long (3 month) business trip in the autumn so I kind of wanted it all out of the way by then.

What do you reckon?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »