Talk

Advanced search

Best toilet seat for boy?

(8 Posts)
BonnieBlueButler Tue 05-Apr-16 15:09:45

Hi,

After a few months where my DS refused to even sit on the potty or toilet, it's all of a sudden just clicked with him and he's using the toilet and telling me when he needs to go. I'm thrilled!

However, we have tried 3 different seats and his wee keeps squirting out. Every time! All over me, the floor, his clothes...

Any advice on a good toilet seat to prevent this? I could do without spending loads as I've already bought 3!

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
mamapants Tue 05-Apr-16 15:12:04

You need to show him to push his willy down when he wees

Voteforpedr0 Tue 05-Apr-16 15:15:30

Just to warn you there will be wee all over the floor for years to come. The 2 in 1 toilet seats are great though we John Lewis used to do a good one

BonnieBlueButler Tue 05-Apr-16 15:22:49

I've tried to show him but somehow he still manages to get it everywhere! grin

He's my first boy so am learning quickly about wee being everywhere! Will have a look at the John Lewis seat. Thanks.

PandasRock Tue 05-Apr-16 15:26:18

Yy to pushing willy down. Having a still by the toilet, and sitting with feet on it and leaning forwards slightly so pelvis tilts forward helps too.

I have a cheapo Plastic insert from mother are which has a splash guard at the front - it has Olaf on it and cost about a fiver iirc. It does the job ok and wiping up is restricted to cleaning the insert rather than the whole bathroom!

PandasRock Tue 05-Apr-16 15:26:50

Having a stool by the toilet...

dementedpixie Tue 05-Apr-16 15:28:23

We had to strip ds from the waist down so he could get his legs wide enough to push his willy down between his chunky thighs

BonnieBlueButler Tue 05-Apr-16 15:36:25

Great advice. Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »