Talk

Advanced search

Have abandoned night training on day/night 2.

(7 Posts)
PennyHasNoSurname Wed 30-Mar-16 00:21:35

Dd is 4y4m. Shes been fully daytime trained since the age of 3. Night times shes worn a pull up since then. Weve never had a dry nappy in the mornings, however she does wake early and play/chatter in her bed for ages so could be laziness and her peeing then.

Agreed with her to try no pull ups once the packet run out, so two nights ago. First night dh went in at 11pm and got her up for a wee at 11pm, dry, theb when I went in at 7am - wet.

Tonight, dh went in at 10pm, dry, lifted her. I snuck in five mins ago just to feel the sheet. Wet. And in such a deep deep sleep it took effort to wake her. Ive put fresh sheets on and a nappy.

Am I right in thinking if she is peeing in a deep sleep she isnt ready?

LittleBearPad Wed 30-Mar-16 00:26:49

Sounds like she isn't ready. Stick to pull-ups until she's dry in the morning pretty reliably.

MadgeMak Wed 30-Mar-16 00:46:11

You can't train her to be dry at night. She has to be producing a certain hormone to enable this to happen and she has no control over it, once said hormone is being produced then she will be dry at night. It's a physical development leap and can't be forced, view it like any other physical development.

Lweji Wed 30-Mar-16 00:55:31

It's true that you can't train her.
It will happen when she's read and not sooner.
She's only four and still well within normal range.
I'd only stop night nappies after about a week of dry nappies in the morning, and even so there may be the occasional accident and I wouldn't worry too much. At least not for another couple of years.

PennyHasNoSurname Wed 30-Mar-16 10:02:28

When I was talking to my DM about it yesterday and giving it a weeks try her response was "well now youve ditched the pull ups dont go back to them!" - but if it takes abother year I am not about to be doing two loads if bedding washing a day!

Hulababy Wed 30-Mar-16 10:13:54

Ime you cannot night train.

Dd was dry in the day at 24 months. She wasn't consistently dry at night until gone 6y. It wasn't laziness or lack of wanting to be; she just couldn't. It did however just happen eventually.

We had reusable pull ups which went in the wash. This did make things a bit easier as Dd hated the idea of wearing nappies even disposable pull ups were considered nappies by her. But she was happier with the resizable pull up night pants.

As they were reusable she could feel the wetness, I like with disposables, which meant that in a morning she was quick to change them for proper pants. It also meant that we knew she wasn't just being lazy.

Shapebandit Wed 30-Mar-16 10:19:49

You can't night train. All you can do is wait till their body produces the right hormone levels. In the mean time it's much easier to use pull ups than wash loads of bedding every day!!!
Mine have all clicked with being dry at night at different ages. Youngest was 2.5 and oldest was 7 and a bit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now