Talk

Advanced search

Those who lifted girls to wee at night - what then...

(6 Posts)
ridingsixwhitehorses Mon 28-Mar-16 23:15:01

I know it is not received wisdom to do it etc etc. But we have decided with my 5yo girl that we should lift her when we go to bed - this is successful in that if we do it before she does a wee at about 11pm then she is dry in the morning and if we do it too late and her pull up is already wet then obv not working. She is thrilled to be dry in the morning and wants not to wear pull ups any more.
So what now - do we just continue to lift her every night at about 10.30pm, and what if she then doesn't do a wee - do we then have to try again in the middle of the night? And how do you go from lifting to not lifting?

I know man of you will want to come on and say don't lift and all lifting does is teach them to be lifted. I hear, you and have decided to try it anyway - so this really is aimed at people who successfully did it this way.

Thank you

Paddypaws3 Tue 29-Mar-16 19:32:54

We lifted my dd at around 10:30 every evening. It was a pain tbh as we never dared to stop doing it! Eventually stopped when she was 6ish I think with no problems.

ridingsixwhitehorses Tue 29-Mar-16 23:36:12

But for example tonight I lifted at 10.30 and no wee. But I know she will be wet by morning. So what am I meant to do - set alarm for middle of night to lift her?

dementedpixie Thu 07-Apr-16 18:17:36

If you are lifting then you should make sure they are awake and aware enough of what you are doing or you are teaching her to wee in her sleep.

dementedpixie Thu 07-Apr-16 18:18:11

And no, I have never lifted in the middle of the night

TrainBridge Thu 07-Apr-16 18:25:19

We did this (proper waking, not least as I couldn't possibly lift her down from a bunk bed) and after about six months we tried whithout lifting and she was dry and has been ever since.

If she didn't do a wee when we took her at our bedtime we just hoped for the best, and had double waterproof sheets on the bed and a waterproof duvet cover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now