Talk

Advanced search

When to start?

(4 Posts)
suzu1982 Sat 26-Mar-16 13:07:14

My DS is 15 months old and I have no idea when or how to start potty training. My DM and DMIL are making noises about it being time to start, but surely at 15 months it's too soon?
Any advice would be fab.
TIA

dementedpixie Sat 26-Mar-16 20:12:22

I think it's a bit early.I trained ds at just under the age of 2 but he was showing signs of being ready and was day trained by age 2. Dd trained at 2 and a half (she was my first child)

FattyNinjaOwl Sat 26-Mar-16 20:17:33

DS1 was trained at 15 months but was very advanced and he was more than ready.
DD is 2.3 and is only just showing an interest. She will sit on the potty with her nappy on, will tell me when she needs a wee, but usually only with seconds before she wees.
15 months for most children is too early.

Paddingtonthebear Sat 26-Mar-16 20:18:12

I think that's way too early. It's one thing putting them on the potty every 15 mins and another thing them understanding bladder control. My DD was 2.5 and it was mainly her decision, one day she said she wanted to have a wee in the bathroom and I took her in to use the potty. She used that once and then wanted to use the toilet after that. It was very easy and she was sorted within two days, I really think they need to develop the control. That can happen earlier or later for some, there's a huge range. At 15 months I wouldn't rush it unless she is showing willing to go herself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now