Talk

Advanced search

Diarrhoea on day 4 of potty training! What now?

(3 Posts)
SierraGolf Sat 20-Feb-16 19:10:46

We started potty training and had 4 accidents on 1st day, 2 on day 2 and only 1 on day. I thought it was going really well until she got diarrhoea on day 4. I out her back in nappies until she was better and then tried again. It was a complete disaster. I think she only managed to get 2 in the toilet. What do I do now- persevere, or put her back in nappies for a while?

susan198130 Thu 25-Feb-16 17:29:20

I think I'd probably persevere. That's just me though. Maybe get a reward chart, that kind of stuff. I started potty training my 2 year old last week then he got a sick bug. No diarrhea just lots of sick so I put him back in nappies as he wasn't really peeing from dehydration anyway. We weren't as far along as you were but he's just better today and just did a wee wee on potty!

SierraGolf Thu 25-Feb-16 19:56:48

Thanks Susan. It turns out she wasn't fully better so we have just put her back in nappies and will have to try again when we are 100% sure she is not ill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now