Talk

Advanced search

Night time help please

(4 Posts)
Ditsy79 Wed 02-Dec-15 06:40:06

Hi. Just after a bit of advice really.
DD (2.4) is reliably dry in the day. About a month ago we put her in knickers at night too, as her nappy had been dry in the morning and she was shouting us at about 5:30am as she wanted to go for a wee. She has been mostly great without a nappy, only a couple of accidents. However, this week we have had 3 wet nights In a row. We think that she hasn't been waking up in time. I was wondering if 'lifting' her before we go to bed might help, although I know it's not solving the problem of her waking up. Any suggestions?!

KW89 Fri 11-Dec-15 21:41:00

My DS (2.4y) has been dry day and night (other than when ill) for about 3 months. Could she be coming down with something? It seems to be a sign that my little one is feeling a bit under the weather if he has a wet night.
We were also getting the early wake ups for a wee (between 5 and 6 o'clcok) and then he wouldn't want to go back to bed, a friend suggested sitting him on the toilet when we go up to bed, I keep it as dark as possible, and talk to him so that he comes round slightly and knows he is having a wee on the toilet. He is back to normally getting up between 7 and 8, I figure that he is still really small to be dry through the night til a decent waking time, and we will just try again when he is a bit bigger. x

Ditsy79 Fri 11-Dec-15 22:17:19

Thanks for your reply kw. She started wetting herself at nursery too (at least once a day), then was continuing to wet the bed in the morning. After speaking to the nursery staff, we thought she may have got a bit over-confident, and leaving it too late - or was possibly just being a bit lazy. We have since been using a sticker chart, which seems to be working (touch wood!) as she has had 4 dry nights in a row, and she is no longer wetting herself at nursery. So things have improved a lot since my first post smile

martinkristen Sun 13-Dec-15 07:43:15

I had so much trouble potty training for my first born son and i did lot of review for best potty training, I came across a great online guide that gave me specific methods to potty train my son, which got him completely trained in under a week! I have since used this for my other relatives also and had the same great results with him. If you looking for good potty training check this
( tinyurl.com/j726nby )
all the best, have a great day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now