Talk

Advanced search

Only having accidents when at grandparents? help!!

(3 Posts)
charlottel44 Sun 08-Nov-15 12:29:28

Hi I'm new to this so hope iv set this up right. My daughter is 2and a half and been potty trained for 8 months. She generally does really well and will ask to go to the toilet and is able to now hold it if for example when in the car. She will say she needs to go and hold it until we find a suitable place to stop. However she goes to her grandparents for 3 hours each week and comes home with 3-4 lots of wet clothes. Her dad says he takes her but she won't go on potty and that whenever he asks her she says no, then is wet 5 mins later. It has become the only place she has accident and I don't understand why it's so many in such a short time!! Please help with any tips, advice or reasons you can think of. I'm at the end of my tether with it. Xx

strawberrypenguin Sun 08-Nov-15 12:31:11

Does she feel insecure going on the potty there for some reason? Is it the type of potty/toilet seat being used?
Maybe try a reward system for potty use while she is there.

charlottel44 Sun 08-Nov-15 12:42:54

Thanks. It could be. She only goes once a week so no as used to being there. I'm trying to not make a big deal of it. I was thinking of sending her potty from home to see if that helps. I'll try a reward system too. Will try anything!! Thankyou

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now