Talk

Advanced search

Wees good, poohs not so much!!

(6 Posts)
Carriefoofaroo Wed 04-Nov-15 13:41:07

My little boy is 27 months and I was planning to try potty training him at Christmas. Last week he started asking to use potty during bath and that quickly progress to during day as well. He hasn't worn a nappy apart from at night since Thursday so 6 days. We've been out and about a lot and I think he is doing quite well, having about one or no wee accidents a day. He has nursery tomorrow and I think I am going to try sending him in pants.
Poohs seen to be trickier than wees - he has only done two in potty, a couple at nap time (so in nappy) and two accidents - is there anything I can do to help with the poohs?! Thank you.

pookamoo Wed 04-Nov-15 13:53:39

Hello

I have heard many people say that poos are trickier than wees when it comes to potty training. I think they just have to learn the sensation of needing a poo, and that comes a bit later than the sensation of a full bladder, if that makes sense?

I'm not sure there's much you can actually do to encourage them, although that said, we had a "poo goes in the loo" song DD and I used to sing! I know there is a well thought of book called "Poo goes to pooland" although he may be a little young for it still.

Good luck!

lorisparkle Wed 04-Nov-15 14:11:39

My boys all had a bit of a thing about doing a poo on the toilet / potty. My only advice is to be as blase as possible about any accidents. My DH got really cross with DS2 and then DS2 started hiding the soiled pants. I would have a word with the nursery but I am sure they will be very supportive. Sounds like he is doing really well though!!!

Carriefoofaroo Wed 04-Nov-15 18:43:06

Thanks so much both, will persist. Will try not to stress over the accidents! He did another one in the potty this evening so fingers crossed he is getting it.

Mimilicious013 Sat 07-Nov-15 12:05:27

Hie carrie.how is the potty-training going?don't stress too much about the poo and just take one day at a time.it will get better you will see.my dd is 23 months and lately she has been removing her diapers on her own.i took that as a sign that she is ready for potty-training so each time i visit the loo i sit her on the pot too.so far no luck at all but at least she is no longer afraid of the pot like before.i got a long way to go.good luck to you!

Carriefoofaroo Sat 07-Nov-15 20:14:22

Thanks mimilicious! It's going ok! He's there on wees I think and better on poos though we did have one accident this morning. Before that we'd had two days of everything in the potty.
Sounds like your little girl is getting it and great she isn't afraid of the potty now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now