Talk

Advanced search

Poo regression after sibling started reception

(7 Posts)
toomanywheeliebins Sun 25-Oct-15 09:26:39

Our eldest child has started reception in September. We trained our youngest easily on potty both poos and wees in the August. It was an easy train with v few accidents. The same week the eldest started school. the youngest regressed completely on poos and we have barely had a poo in loo or potty since. We have tried everything - including stickers, singing potty, trying prolonged sitting in front of beebies, getting the older to sit with her but no progress at all. She just sat for a wee, stood up and did a poo in pants. She seems to not even feel it any more. Sometimes she seems constipated but other times not so I don't think that is making the differences. She is completely wee trained and dry at night 6/7. Any experience of this?

justabigdisco Sun 25-Oct-15 09:36:27

Sorry I have no advice but following as we are in a similar position but with our eldest.

toomanywheeliebins Sun 25-Oct-15 09:46:18

Well welcome anyway, was there a trigger for regression?

knaffedoff Sun 25-Oct-15 09:57:47

How old is your dc2 and how long had she been fully toilet trained before she regressed?

toomanywheeliebins Sun 25-Oct-15 10:54:01

She is now 2.9 and had been potty trained for about 6 weeks before she regressed on poos, though has barely had a wee accident since we started

justabigdisco Mon 26-Oct-15 04:28:24

Our DD is now almost 4, we've been battling poo for nearly a year. She also got wees straight away. She did poos on toilet for prob 2-3 weeks before regressing. She can recognise when she needs a poo but prefers to ignore it when engrossed in something.

Fugghetaboutit Mon 26-Oct-15 05:42:32

Yep same here, except he's now starting weeing himself too. Losing my rag over it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: