Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I send him to nursery nappy-free?

(5 Posts)
BocaDeTrucha Sun 18-Oct-15 15:11:42

Ds has just turned two and we've been leaving pottys around the house for a couple of months for him to get familiar with. As it's been summer and we love in a hot country he's been running around the house a lot with no nappy on and he's getting quite good at saying peepee and we take him to the Potty and he goes there. Big cheers, high fives etc. This weekend we've been at home all weekend and he's been nappy free all day except for his nap and he's been fantastic at going on the Potty and in the big toilet (with adapter seat). I don't want to lose the momentum so should I send him to nursery tomorrow with no nappy (and lots of clean pairs of shorts!!!)? ITs a very small nursery with only 9 children so easy for them to help him with it.

Andcake Sun 18-Oct-15 22:00:46

Possibly - I know that's not helpful - I waited until I had done a few out and about trips first as he may not adapt easily. Can you talk to the nursery about how they usually progress. After ds had done a few out and about trips I just took him nursery and we had a tough few days but after week one it was fine!

BocaDeTrucha Sun 18-Oct-15 23:55:27

That's a good idea, thanks. I think I'll try that. We did have one accident this afternoon whilst he was busy watching dh doing some jobs around the house, but I feel good that things seem to be naturally going in the right direction.

BackforGood Mon 19-Oct-15 00:16:21

Just chat with the Nursery staff and see what they say. It seems there is still a stage of needing to take clothes down to be mastered, but they will be used to this and work together with you.

Bejeena Mon 19-Oct-15 16:40:22

You say he has been nappy free but has he had underpants or bottoms on? We had same thing about a month ago but with trousers on it was a different matter and for a few days he was constantly having accidents. Now he has come a long way and can wear tracksuit bottoms to pull down and doesn't have that many accidents, but I do have to remind him. He is almost 2 years 3 months. He goes to childminder with nappy on but has it off as soon as we get there and not many accidents there either

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now