Talk

Advanced search

night accidents and wet duvet!

(6 Posts)
backtowork2015 Sat 15-Aug-15 20:00:59

does this happen to everyone? my dd age 4 is doing really well at night. reliably dry for 8 weeks now but on the occasion she has wet the bed it always soaks the duvet. I've managed to wash and dry it within a day at the moment but what about when the winter tog goes on, it doesn't fit in the machine and it won't be drying weather. how do you all manage?

addictedtosugar Sat 15-Aug-15 20:11:56

We bought a second duvet to give time to turn it round, but they were still in cot beds, so fitted in the machine.
What about getting a hippychick waterproof flat sheet, and layering it with the duvet, under the covers? I think they also do duvet protectors, but they are expensive. Our hippychick waterproof sheets are ace, and still going strong one DS2.

backtowork2015 Sat 15-Aug-15 20:19:22

that's a good idea. I have waterproof flat sheet we took on holiday. ..easy to pack.... I can see if that will sit inside the duvet cover.

MumOfTheMoment Sat 15-Aug-15 20:47:49

You can buy waterproof duvet protectors.

bikeandrun Sat 15-Aug-15 20:57:58

This happens to my son occasionally and i have a selection of funky fleece blankets an opened up sleeping bag and two light weight duvets( that can be used together when it is cold.)that all can fit easily in the machine.Had a waterproof duvet cover but wasn't very soft so ds didn't like it.

Penfold007 Sat 15-Aug-15 21:01:50

Use a waterproof mattress protector and a waterproof duvet protector. You can get them easily for around £10, try Argos. makes life so much easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now