Talk

Advanced search

Trying to train dd, 2.10

(5 Posts)
BrienneofQarth Tue 11-Aug-15 11:43:04

Not having a great deal of success but it's day 2 and I don't know if I'm expecting too much! She has sat on the potty for a while this morning but doesn't seem to associate it with doing a wee. Not a drop in it so far! Advice??

Satsunday Fri 14-Aug-15 14:42:37

I've just posted a question too, also on day 2. No answers but you have my sympathy! Potty refusing and holding everything in today sad

Did you get anywhere as just seen you asked this on Tuesday?

Nocturne123 Fri 14-Aug-15 14:43:41

I'm curious too, how'd you get on ? Dd is 2.3 and very similar .

Pr1mr0se Fri 14-Aug-15 14:49:00

I've just potty trained my two year old and I can say that they take a couple of days to get 'the idea' of it. More than that and I'd suggest you leave the potty in the bathroom and don't make a big deal of it and try again in a week or so. Mine also seemed to 'hold everything in' until a nappy was put on (we did that at night and nap). All in all, potty trained within a week (excluding night time). I think this is fairly typical. It all works out in the end.

Satsunday Fri 14-Aug-15 15:03:13

Pr1 did you keep encouraging to use the potty or sit your dc on there at regular times during the day? Mine is refusing to sit on at all and she's never gone this long without a poo, but we are only on day 2 so I don't know if I'm being impatient. She totally understands that she's meant to use the potty but just doesn't want to or can't seem to do anything even when she is sat on there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: