Talk

Advanced search

Is he ready?

(2 Posts)
Twoseventhsaweasley Thu 06-Aug-15 22:40:02

DS2 is 2.2, and for a couple of weeks he has been talking alot about "wees on the toilet. Quite a few times he has followed his big brother to the toilet, pulled his trousers down and announced that he is doing a wee wee on the toilet.

I am unsure about what to do because he has never actually done anything in a potty or a toilet. When he says that he wants to do a wee I have tried both the potty and the toilet many times. He is quite happy to sit on or stand over both a potty and a toilet but has never put anything in them. A few seconds after he comes away from them he then wees. I allow him to sit or stand for as long as he wants.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can help him? Is he just not quite ready? I think I may have left potty training DS1 bit late and as a result, made it harder for him. I don't want to miss the optimum time for DS2, but at the same time, I don't want to upset or confuse him by rushing him.

Thank you

WhispersOfWickedness Thu 06-Aug-15 22:47:01

I would start, if only putting him on the toilet if he asks, that's how my DD started training at 20 months. She had a few goes at sitting on it before she actually weed on it and just seemed to 'get' it very quickly once she had made that connection. I do know what you mean about missing the boat, DS started asking to go on at about your DS's age, but I put him off as it was winter. By the time summer rolled around, he had totally lost interest and had hit a defiant stage, so it took until winter again before he was trained hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now