Talk

Advanced search

Potty training/going out/ tips?

(4 Posts)
Loubylou55 Wed 22-Jul-15 08:08:06

Hi all, I'm new to the site and just about to begin potty training. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for when we go out. Obviously I understand we'll not be venturing out for a while but wonder what to do when we do have to go out as there's not always a loo quickly accessible.
Any tips would be great.
Thanks

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 22-Jul-15 08:12:02

We stick DS' potty in the bottom of the buggy, with a supply of wipes and nappy bags. Start by casing out local places with good toilet facilities. DS has been very good at holding on / telling us in good time when he needs the loo but I realise we're very lucky there!

My friend picked up a foldable toddler toilet seat which she slips in her handbag - no idea where she found it though!

ladyflower23 Wed 22-Jul-15 20:43:19

We take the potty out with us. Again lucky with one who is good at giving notice and holding. Mind you he is nearly 4! I have heard of something called a Pottette Plus which is a portable potty that also converts into a toilet seat. Could be worth checking out .

TeaPleaseBob Wed 22-Jul-15 22:17:13

I have just bought a foldable toilet seat in boots which has been handy as saves taking potty. We've been potty training about a week now and try to take her to toilet before leaving house and as soon as we get to where we're going (have really only been placed with decent toilet facilities so far and quick trip to beach/ play park etc..)

Think I'll be sticking potty under pram for trips when not going to be near a toilet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now