Talk

Advanced search

Potty training day 2, using nappies during naps and on a night.

(6 Posts)
Dothefridgesquat Mon 13-Jul-15 12:47:57

DD is 2 next month. We started potty training quite unexpectedly yesterday morning after she pointed at her potty and said poo!
I didn't think that she'd actually do it as she tended to sit on her potty quite happily but not do any wees or poos until she had her nappy back on.

Yesterday, I sat her on the potty when she asked and was quite surprised (and absolutely delighted) to see that she'd done a wee and a poo. I gave her a little Haribo sweet and made a big fuss over her. She then did another wee later in in the day on her potty then went in to have an accident in her big girl pants.

I've decided to go the whole hog and let her wear pants during the day but I'm not wanting to confuse her as I've been putting her in pull ups for naps and bedtimes. She did another poo and wee in her potty this morning at about 9:45am and has been in big girl pants all day, she's had no accidents yet (although she's having a nap right now so is back in pull ups) touch wood. I just think she's maybe going to struggle with wees and knowing when she needs one.

Also I don't want to confuse her with nappies or pants. Would love your thoughts

Marioswife Mon 13-Jul-15 12:52:59

It's unlikely to confuse her using nappies when out or for naps, don't worry.

TheAuthoress Mon 13-Jul-15 13:02:14

That's fantastic smile don't worry about confusing her, my DS still wears nappies at night and he'll be 5 in November.

She may be consistently dry soon and then you won't need to worry about pull up on long journeys etc.

I have a little portable potty (I think it's a tommee tippee pottete?) that I keep in the car incase we can't stop somewhere easily.

My DD is also two next month and has been taking her nappies off for ages now and saying that she wants to do a pee in the toilet but unfortunately nothing has happened yet. We call pull ups pants (one of the ways to try and get her to keep them on at night as she was constantly taking off her nappy in bed) and she knows DS's pants are called pants too and doesn't see to make a distinction so I doubt it'll confuse her.

Dothefridgesquat Mon 13-Jul-15 13:15:48

Thanks MariO I braved a trip out to my grans yesterday and we stayed dry but had a little accident when we got back which was probably my fault as I should've sat her on the potty as soon as we got back.

Dothefridgesquat Mon 13-Jul-15 13:22:40

We're going for a day out tomorrow but it will be a full day and we'll be a good 2 hours from home so I'm thinking that I might just put her in pull ups for the day. I just don't want to hinder her but she will only be 3 days in and it's not like we're just nipping out to the shops

Shelduck Fri 17-Jul-15 17:52:25

Brilliant! What a clever girl! No, i think that's fine. You can always explain to her why you're putting her in pull-ups/nappies and i'm sure she'll understand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now