DS asks for a nappy, not ready?

(3 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Mon 29-Jun-15 11:37:07

DS is 2.7 yrs, incredibly verbal and aware.

He will wee on the potty or toilet if he's got nothing on his bottom half, if I put pants on him he just wees as if he has a. Nappy on.

Poo however is a different story, after a few hrs at home with no bottoms on he will ask for a nappy on, if I put one on he will poo fairly quickly but if I say no, let's use the potty instead he won't.

Is it likely that he's not ready? Am I going to have the only toddler around still in nappies because that's what it feels like!
My 2 older boys were potty trained in days with no hint of a struggle at this age.

I have a 10 week old baby, do you think this would be impacting things?

Piratejones Mon 29-Jun-15 11:50:42

He sounds very ready, focus on wee for now.
Poo comes later, sometimes a few years later at 4 or 5, it's perfectly normal and common.
There are a couple of other threads with the only pooing in a nappy advice here and here

Gobbolinothewitchscat Mon 29-Jun-15 11:53:57

Watching wth interest - I have a 2.5 year old a 17 month old am 20 weeks pregnant and have cream carpets!

I have watched various friends stop and start toilet training for months with numerous horrible poo-ey accidents whilst we are out. I really want to make sure that DS is ready and have a week at home where we can pretty well crack it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now