Talk

Advanced search

Does not seem to get the 'urge'- do we stop?

(4 Posts)
CarylR Mon 22-Jun-15 06:41:11

My son is 2y8m. We started potty training on Friday and he has been very keen to wear pants. He generally sits on the potty when we ask him to. He has progressed over the 3 days so far with the time between wees going from about 15mins to 2hrsish. He is also very pleased when he does a wee on the potty. Our problem is that he doesn't seem to get an urge to wee until just before he starts wearing. When he is on the potty he will look at his willy and start seeing a couple of seconds afterwards. But we still have 4/5 accidents a day with him just saying 'I'm doing a wee'. We then rush him to the potty, but by the time we get there it is usually over.
So do we call it quits and try again in a few weeks or persevere? I am due back at work tomorrow and he is due at nursery so I am not sure if they will take him like this.
C

BikeRunSki Mon 22-Jun-15 06:44:46

I don't think he's ready.

GinGinGin Mon 22-Jun-15 06:48:14

Agree. In fact isn't there a school of thought that says children can't control their bladder/bowels until they're at least 3?

mommy112274 Thu 25-Jun-15 05:16:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now