Talk

Advanced search

Wiping bottoms!

(9 Posts)
Limpetsmum Fri 19-Jun-15 13:54:42

At what age should a child wipe their own bottom after a number 2 (with and without assistance).
My 3.5 yr old is due to start prep school. He's been toilet trained since 2.5 and will give his bottom a token wipe but definitely needs an adult helping hand to ensure he's got it all (sorry!). I dont know whether when he starts prep school he'll have a teacher to help him or not. Obviously I can ask them - but didn't know if I was asking a ridiculous question so thought I'd try on here first!

Jaderuby Fri 19-Jun-15 14:52:00

I still wipe my 6 year old.
Pre schools and schools generally like kids to wipe as it's an awkward place for contact, but in my experience they will help and not leave a kid stinky and give help, even if it's talking through the process step by step.

Marioswife Fri 19-Jun-15 15:06:08

My eldest is 9! and still needs help wiping.

33goingon64 Fri 19-Jun-15 15:17:44

Sorry, pre school or prep school?! There's a bit of a difference! Either way if they can get the first lot by themselves I think they're doing well at that age. You'll just have to put vanish in with the washing.

Piratejones Fri 19-Jun-15 15:57:28

He sounds like he's doing well.

Limpetsmum Fri 19-Jun-15 23:06:08

He is starting prep school - private primary but they start a year early so starts at 3+ years. Only going in for 3.5 hours a day though.
Thanks for your comments. Have been encouraging with the bottom wiping today and hopefully he'll be fully trained come September!

Ledkr Fri 19-Jun-15 23:20:08

To be honest they just manage at school and you just sometimes deal with dirty pants.
My 4 yr old has a go but needs help which she won't get in September.

slippermaiden Fri 19-Jun-15 23:25:35

He probably won't poo there. I worried about mine when they started nursery, but they waited til they got home. Even now things have to be bad to do a poo outside the comfort of their own bathroom!

MrsLeelemon Sat 20-Jun-15 08:44:14

They probably won't poo at school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now