Talk

Advanced search

2 months into potty training and ran into some problems

(1 Post)
LittlePink Sun 14-Jun-15 20:42:25

DD is 3 and has been doing quite well with the potty training. Shes does both wees and poos on the potty but outright refuses the toilet and lately she just wont tell us when she needs to go and becomes very grumpy and difficult in general then we realise its because she needs a wee but trying to get her to go on the potty results in no's and then spirals into a tantrum. Its like this almost every time. I remind her every couple of hours she needs to have a wee and I give her choices saying do you want the potty or the toilet and she will say potty but then gets upset. She would hold it all day if I left her then do a big accident on the floor at the end of the day.

Shes resistant to bribes, rewards etc.

Lately after she goes to bed she will call out saying she needs the potty multiple times but when we get her on it she just sits and chats and doesn't do anything. She knows that we will be up the stairs like a shot when she calls out for a wee so shes using it as a stalling tactic not to go to bed.

I don't know what to do about her tantrums when taken to the potty. Ive told her perhaps she should go back to nappies but she cries and says no. Im so fed up with the battles. Ive tried all the games, sticker charts, singing etc etc etc and having come this far when she was doing so well I don't want to go back to nappies. It seems like a regression but I don't know if its all normal and what I should do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now