Talk

Advanced search

Struggling with where to go from here

(1 Post)
Tangledupdreams Tue 26-May-15 13:42:35

I started potty training my 2 and a half year old nearly a year ago. We started early, as she would strip herself off and be naked, so it had to go somewhere and she would take herself to the potty when naked. After a week she was dry and consistently telling us she needed the potty. Since then it's gone downhill. It's gone from no accidents, to one, to many a day.

She never tells us she needs to go. If she takes herself, then she is always too late, but she doesn't care, just strips herself off and carries on. She is always dry when we go out, but only because I take her to the toilet at intervals. She also sometimes wakes up dry.

All her poos are on the potty and she has only ever had a couple of poo accidents.

Also her speech is very good for her age and was when we started too!

I've tried rewards, threatening with nappies, ignoring accidents, telling off, but not punishing.

I don't know where to go from here. I feel like it's been too long to return to nappies, plus some days she is dry. It's just they are very few and far between! I'm getting seriously stressed with it and now we have a puppy, who I'm trying to house train (who also likes drinking from the potty if I forget to empty it). It just feels too much. I never had this problem with my other daughter, who was consistently dry within a week, except for the odd regression.

Does anyone have any tips or advice, except returning to nappies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now