Talk

Advanced search

lost it today with my 3 year old over wetting

(5 Posts)
SleeptightDaisy Wed 13-May-15 18:48:56

I shouted at ds today and told him to go away after yet another toileting accident. I know its wrong and I feel even more of a failure. He's been able to use the potty for weeks without pants and has been able to tell you when he wants a wee/poo for months. We practised at home with pants and trousers and made the finally step of no nappies last week. The first few days were fine no accidents but then he started to wet saying he didn`t remember. After two accidents this morning and having no dry trousers/pants left in the bag I put him a nappy on about 10 minutes later he asks have I got a nappy on, can I do a wee in it. I don't know whether to stop and put him back in napppies or keep going and try not get stressed about it all on top of everything else.

SleeptightDaisy Wed 13-May-15 21:56:04

Bump

DextersMistress Wed 13-May-15 22:00:20

If he's only been out of nappies a week it's still very early days. You need to apologise though for losing your temper with him, he's still very little and potty training is tough.

I'd persevere, plenty of praise when he uses the potty, any accidents just clean up with minimum fuss. Good luck smile

Mouthfulofquiz Wed 13-May-15 22:02:03

I think you need to relax a bit! My little one is three in a couple of months and goes without nappies 90% of the time and pops a nappy on when he is really tired or poorly. It really doesn't seem to be causing a problem. Stressing him out will maybe make it harder. Next time just take more trousers and just give him a while to get used to it.

Nunyabiz Wed 13-May-15 22:03:23

Try not to dwell on your getting cross. You are human. It can get frustrating. I highly recommend you stop, and come back to it when he is ready. My just turned 4 year old DD still has the occasional accident...she's been out of nappies for 2 years! confused
They have very short attention spans so if it is a case of being distracted then he just needs reminding until he learns to listen to his own body.
Another thing, if you do decide to forge ahead, don't ask hi. If he needs to go, just take him. Take him before meals, after meals, before naps, after naps, before leaving the house, take him with you whenever you need to go as well.
That's my advise. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now