Talk

Advanced search

Oh my days,day 3 and nothing in the potty !!

(4 Posts)
onefootinthebed Mon 09-Feb-15 16:21:35

I have spent 3days trying to coax my child to wee and poo on the potty, and nothing he runs away and does it in the corner. He won't sit on the potty at all. I am wondering if I should leave it and revisit in my next week off which is 5 weeks away but on thean time do lots of potty sitting .

I just don't think he is getting it.

Imperial Mon 09-Feb-15 16:24:46

Definitely stop. I have potty trained three children and when they are ready it is so easy and they get it very quickly..... Even if I did leave it far later than my mother in law was comfortable with. Life is too short to stress out over a potty.

Lonz Wed 11-Feb-15 13:01:34

I'm currently potty training my one. Perhaps stop for a bit, but get him used to just sitting on the potty first maybe. Don't pressure him into making him think that he has to go to the potty, it'll deter him. He'll do it in his own time. And don't scold him if he doesn't make it.

Just let him know where he's meant to 'go' if he does have an accident. If you're taking his nappy off, leave it off until night time or it'll confuse him as to whether he goes normally or if he's meant to use the potty. But they normally end up doing it when you're not looking! I left my son in the room with no nappy on and he just sat down on his own accord and went.
Potty training is hard work, ha!

Awakeagain Fri 13-Feb-15 10:26:31

We are 2 wees and 2 accidents in and I'm already confused about it and ready to give up
He's been sitting on the potty (reluctantly) but no success

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: