Talk

Advanced search

Won't poo

(7 Posts)
Loletta Fri 09-Jan-15 20:03:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OutragedFromLeeds Sat 10-Jan-15 03:59:43

Even kids who poo happily in a nappy can struggle with pooing in the potty, so I'm not sure potty training because poo was already a problem was wise tbh.

You need to make sure pooing is as easy as possible, so lots of fruit/prune juice etc. Be patient. Don't make him stressed about it. Lot's of praise when he eventually goes.

Is he wearing nappies at night?

If it's pooing is a serious and long-term problem take him to the doctor.

Loletta Sat 10-Jan-15 09:14:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MoreSnowPlease Thu 22-Jan-15 10:42:37

Did you get anywhere? We are having the same problem now at 3 days in

HollyBdenum Thu 22-Jan-15 10:53:18

Put him in a nappy for poos. It's fine. Nobody will care. Give him a day or two to see if he can manage, but honestly, needing a nappy just for poos us a perfectly ok way to do toilet training.

DS was like this and after a week or so of no poos, I was worried about constipation. I kept him nappy free but gave him a nappy every day at a time he would usually poo, and he would poo then. After a while he would ask for a nappy. I used tips from the Eric website to help him transition from the nappy to the toilet, which was fairly slow but stress-free.

I would really encourage you to try this if you think that he is withholding poo, because I've been on far too many threads where people have kept on with the poo potty training and it has led to severe constipation leading to years of laxative use.

HollyBdenum Thu 22-Jan-15 10:54:09

Three days is fine, but I wouldn't let it go longer than 10 days.

MoreSnowPlease Thu 22-Jan-15 12:49:05

10 days holly !! Mine usually poos at least twice a day so after 10 days I'd have him in hospital!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: