Talk

Advanced search

Any way to prevent peeing on shoes?

(8 Posts)
eversomuch Mon 05-Jan-15 22:26:56

DD has finally started potty training - But today she wet two pairs of shoes. I put them through the wash and hopefully they'll dry overnight, but I'm worried we may soon run out of dry shoes. Is there any way to prevent this? Or do we just have to hope she gets the swing of it quickly?

slippermaiden Mon 05-Jan-15 22:38:40

Take shoes off indoors.

poocatcherchampion Mon 05-Jan-15 22:40:05

Take shoes off? And all bottom half until she's got the hang of it

eversomuch Tue 06-Jan-15 07:29:18

I meant when we're out -- in the park or garden. Inside she doesn't wear them.

slippermaiden Tue 06-Jan-15 12:14:42

Go for a wee immediately before you leave, take potty and keep it handy. Are you sure she is ready? Could always leave it a few weeks and try again.

waithorse Tue 06-Jan-15 19:39:13

Can you try and stay in the house for a few days, until she's got the hang of it a bit more ?

Ivytheterrible Tue 06-Jan-15 19:41:48

I ended up buying a pair of crocs for her to wear outside as you can just rinse them if needed

eversomuch Tue 06-Jan-15 20:02:51

Ivy, I had the same idea this morning. We've stayed in most of the past few days -- and she is getting the hang of it -- but it's really hard to keep her and the 26mo cooped up inside all day. Thick socks and her plastic clogs are probably the way to go.

She sat on the potty before going out yesterday and then did a wee halfway down the front garden 5 minutes later. But we ARE making progress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now