Talk

Advanced search

First day - how many accidents are normal?

(7 Posts)
NotSayingImBatman Wed 31-Dec-14 17:16:01

DS1 is just about to turn 3 so we're attempting to crack toilet training. Today has been day one, pants since he got up at 8am.

We've had four successful wees in the toilet, six wee accidents and a poo accident. Is this normal? Or is he just not ready yet?

Marioswife Wed 31-Dec-14 17:41:10

That's really good for the first day! 4 successes!

Piratejones Wed 31-Dec-14 18:27:08

That's not bad at all, remember your child has never had to hold it before, this is all new and it will take time.

ColouringInQueen Wed 31-Dec-14 18:28:42

Wow you've had something in the potty? Fantastic! Keep up the good work wink

Micah Wed 31-Dec-14 18:34:33

Depends. We had none, but she was very, very, ready, had good control, could hold it, say when she needed, go when put on the toilet etc.

Most people start a little before that. Just means you have to do more "training". How much depends on how far away from doing it themselves they are...

NotSayingImBatman Wed 31-Dec-14 18:40:22

Well we've had another two accidents since my first post, but two more successes as well. I think I'll persevere for another week or two and hopefully there'll be some improvement.

Sizzlesthedog Wed 31-Dec-14 18:45:38

Ignore the accidents and celebrate the ones at go in the potty.

Second day is still a success if you get something in the potty.

Third day you probably get more in the potty than the floor.

Keep cheering and celebrating the good. Smarties or stickers help. Oh and wine for you!

Have a bucket somewhere for the wet clothes and keep chucking in there and wash at the end of the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now